If you know anyone who is a runner, then this is the perfect coffee table book to give them from Lonely Planet of all the epic runs of the world.
In this 328 page comprehensive runner’s companion published in 2019, you’ll find 50 of the world’s greatest running routes – from short city runs and must-do marathons to cross-country trails and challenging ultras – plus a further 150 courses around the globe to satisfy runners of all abilities.
Each run is accompanied by stunning photos and a map and toolkit of practical details – where to start and finish, how to get there, where to stay and more – to help you plan the perfect trip. Suggestions for similar runs around the world are also included.
|Purchase Epic Runs of the World here:|
|Fishpond.nz||Book Depository (free world wide shipping)||We get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.|
|Preowned:||AbeBooks||AbeBooks South Africa||AbeBooks UK|
|AbeBooks New Zealand||AbeBooks New Zealand||AbeBooks Singapore||AbeBooks Australia|
Runs in Africa include:
- The Lewa Safari Marathon (Kenya)
- Marathon Des Sables (Morocco)
- The Great Ethiopian Run
- The Comrades Ultramarathon (South Africa)
Run in the Americas include:
- The Big Sur Marathon (USA)
- Havana’s El Malecon (Cuba)
- Rio at Dawn (Brazil)
- An Illuminating Ascent in La Paz (Bolivia)
Runs in Asia include:
- The Great Wall Marathon (China)
- Angkor Wat Half Marathon (Cambodia)
- A Temple Ascent in Pokhara (Nepal)
- Kyoto’s Riverside (Japan)
Runs in Europe include:
- Amalfi Coast’s Path of the Gods (Italy)
- A Classic Fell Run in the Lakes (England)
- The Athens Marathon (Greece)
- Dublin’s Wild Side (Ireland)
Runs in Oceania include:
- Great Ocean Road Marathon (Australia)
- The Kepler Track (New Zealand)
- Freycinet Peninsula (Tasmania)
- A Ghost Run in Waihi Gorge (New Zealand)
For more on this book, see Runners Gifts.